Saferworld is an independent international organisation working to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives. We work with people affected by conflict to improve their safety and sense of security, supported by wider research and analysis. We use this evidence and learning to improve local, national and international policies and practices that can help build lasting peace. Our priority is people – we believe in a world where everyone can lead peaceful, fulfilling lives, free from fear and insecurity. We are a not-for-profit organization operational in 10 countries across Africa, Asia and the Middle East and policy and advocacy centers in London, Brussels and Washington, D.C.
Saferworld is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment that safeguards our staff, partners and communities. Our organisational integrity is derived from the values and principles that underpin and guide our work.
Saferworld is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We celebrate difference and applications are actively encouraged from individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Under our 2021-2031 Strategic Plan of working in solidarity for a safer world, we:
• Work for conflict transformation and political transitions rooted in equality and justice, and built on inclusive institutions and processes
• Drive momentum to put people at the heart of ‘security’ everywhere
• Challenge and transform the gender norms that drive violent conflict and gender-based violence, and support the leadership of women and girls in peacebuilding
• Contribute to redesigning the way international institutions and systems engage in conflict-affected places and work with peacebuilders and decision-makers to create humanitarian, peace and development systems that prevent and transform violent conflict
• Provide conflict and peacebuilding expertise to support urgent solutions to the combined threats of the climate crisis, conflict and environmental degradation
• Peace rooted in gender equality requires https://www.saferworld.org.uk/