Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. https://www.msf-azg.be
As Procurement Manager you define, coordinate and monitor all procurement activities related to local, regional and international purchases of goods for the mission according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure a transparent and efficient procurement and supplier performance.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In collaboration with the line manager define and implement the mission's yearly procurement strategy and within the procurement strategy framework, analyses the local portfolio and the mission's needs (budget/forecast) in order to define an annual procurement actions plan.
Monitor the implementation of the procurement activities ensuring compliance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes the following:
● Manage the supplier selection process according to the priorities set as part of the annual plan and in accordance with the MSF Quality Assurance policies. Liaise with the relevant technical referents to validate the quality of the sourcing by organizing market consultations and tenders, preparing and leading negotiations and formalizing agreements.
● Manage supplier relationships to ensure quality of product and services by implementing KPIs to set expectations and monitor the suppliers' performance.
● Evaluate overall performance in liaison with the line manager and the Project Supply Responsible for supply issues, and med/log referents for technical issues, and solving dispute with suppliers, if any. Control and maintain the quality of data related to commercial agreements with suppliers.
● Conduct market assessments and benchmark analysis) in order to define action plans, and report market evolution/change that could influence the procurement strategy.
Ensure technical support for his area of activity and provide coaching to staff under his/her scope in order to contribute to the development of procurement best practices on all the mission's projects with the objective to improve the level of expertise of the mission.
Maintain regular visits to the mission's project to support the procurement team upon request.
Validating the procurement technicity of the projects in the mission, participating in the project procurement design and development and ensuring that technical aspects and the compliance with the local legislation and practices in the area of expertise (request of quotations, tender process, supplier validation, CBAs, validation table, method of payment and supplier's registration) are met.
Participate in the recruitment process for the project/coordination procurement team upon request.
Follow up proactively on procurement related recommendations from supply management & HQ.
Implement and follow up on procurement performance indicators, with regular reporting to the line manager.
Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident.
Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
● University degree in business management, economics, or other relevant degree related to procurement/supply
● At least two years of professional experience in procurement or supply
● Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques
● Talent in negotiations and networking
● Aptitude for decision-making
● Experience in collecting, organizing and analysing data
● Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
● Good French and English language skills
● Adhere to the MSF Charter and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
● Adhere to our Behavioral Commitments
● Being willing to leave without your family/partner to work in unstable contexts
● Being prepared to leave for a period of up to 12 months per mission, and to do several missions for a minimum of two years with MSF
WHAT WE OFFER
● A fixed-term contract
● Monthly pay
● Medical coverage
● Payment of all mission-related expenses (transport, accommodation)
● A daily allowance (per diem) during the mission
● The opportunity to work and quickly take on responsibilities in humanitarian situations and varied medical programmes
● Personalised career development, with access to different levels of training, in order to grow within the organisation
LENGTH OF MISSION
● 6 to 12 months (fixed-term contract per mission in the field)