At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That's how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste one third of all the food produced in Europe.
We're on a mission to change this and are rapidly expanding in Belgium. Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown exponentially since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 45 million users, and more than 94 million meals saved.
We're proud of what we've achieved so far, and we are just at the start of the journey at our social impact scale-up! Our Values:
● We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
● We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
● We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
● We build a legacy: we're proud of the change we're driving.
● We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing. https://toogoodtogo.com
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and mission-driven Head of Key Accounts with a passion for tackling food waste and relationship management.
Reporting to the Country Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the growth of Too Good To Go by strategically leading this team and driving the success of the Key Account functions. You will be directly responsible for managing all Key Account Managers as they drive acquisition and development of partnerships in the supermarkets, on-the-go, bakery, quick service, convenience store, supplier and manufacturing food and beverage vertical. As the national lead of all Key Accounts, you will be responsible to meet the targets, ensure cross-functional collaboration, and co-create the annual strategy for each Key Account Manager as well as closing your own national accounts.
● Your role is to inspire and empower your team and make sure your experts have everything they need to run their own area of ownership. You lead with trust and share our values by example.
● You manage a team of 7 persons to be developed. Push new ways of management, bring inspiration, lead by example to tackle challenges and boost motivation to drive performance. You remain accessible to all and want to celebrate collective success.
● You build and develop a productive, efficient and autonomous Key Accounts team: training, experience sharing, coaching and raising the bar. You encourage cross-team work and build bridges between other teams and departments.
● You are part of the Belgian leadership team, reporting directly to the Country manager.
● You are connected with other the Heads of Key Accounts in other countries, share best practices, network and connections on a day-to-day basis and get together every 6-months in real life.
● You are responsible for the national KA strategy: identify and prioritize the market depending on the potential and development of opportunities. We want to go as big and as fast as possible to save as much food as possible.
● You develop relationships with key account partners and represent Too Good To Go in key meetings and network events. We want to be a “must have” key partner for all food business chains wanting to join the fight against food waste
● You find how to crack new chains we don't have a partnership with yet and expand the impact.
● You optimize the impact of chains we have, as the potential is huge. We want to capture 100% of the food waste in stores.
● You set up and expand sales and partnerships with national and international chains in Belgium.
Structure and strategy
● You work closely with Marketing, Success and Sales New Business to develop a coherent and strong sales strategy for Belgium
● You collaborate closely with the international Sales colleagues and strive to improve existing processes and partnerships
● You impact the development of the whole company with a key role in the Leadership team beyond the Key Account scope. We will build the inspiring and innovative company (culture) we want and envision.
● You have 7+ years of professional experience gained within a Key Account Management or Business Development focused role, ideally on a national level
● You bring an in-depth knowledge and a strong network of commercial accounts in retail or food industry such as supermarkets, on the go, HoReCa and FMCGs
● You have experience leading a Sales team in a scale-up or fast-growth environment
● You are fluent in Dutch and/or French, as well as in English
● You're a world-class negotiator and communicator: you have the ability to speak to stakeholders at varying levels in an organization, and work yourself/your team through tough discussions with creativity and involving all necessary departments
● You have the ability to work closely with our marketing team to develop unique value propositions for our accounts and take our partnerships to the next level
● You have strong hands-on analytical skills (excel) and trust in data-driven truths
● You have a deep understanding of Salesforce on the use of KPIs as tools to improve your operations and coach your team
● Experience within a B2B marketplace environment is a plus
What we offer
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this really long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing flexible ways of working, great and sustainable benefits with medical & travel coverages, genuinely great co-workers who want to see Too Good To Go and each other succeed, we also focus on your personal & professional growth a lot, a scale up vibe with an established company mission, but most importantly, you'll have the chance to do something that really matters - every day!