Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Contexte et fonction
Integrated within the headquarters ICT Systems & Applications team, the Data Strategist will work transversally in current and new project ensuring the correct understanding, the impact of (big) data, digital & analytics on their business model, defining a compelling strategy.
S/he'll understand the business well enough to work on the main axis:
● Data ownership
● You will be the central point of all data subject concerning the ICT projects
● You will support the internal or external developers to implement the defined data model for their project will work
● You'll work closely with the ICT Applications manager and the Head of ICT to define the roadmap of the next data strategy
● Provide strategic guidance and prioritization for the implementation of the middleware solution, identify and establish new tools and processes for data warehousing, data quality assurance, reporting, business intelligence, data governance, and data cataloging
● Development of integration flows
● Work inside various project to identify data-driven storytelling opportunities
● Handle data-driven projects to better identify quantitative ROI
● Build reporting that goes deep on what the various projects wants to achieve
● Provide requirements around the data governance needs of the business
● At least 3 years of experience in software development
● Experience in Talend suite is a strong asset
● Experience creating a compelling story from data, incorporating inputs from various teams, as well as the ability to present internally and to senior-level clients
● Advanced working knowledge of SQL
● Experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
● Experience in working with API
● Experience working with Analytics, Data Science or Reporting teams
● The candidate adheres to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment.
Conditions et contrat
● Permanent contract - Full time - based in Brussels (Ixelles)
● Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
● Starting date: asap
Procédure pour postuler
Deadline for applications: 18/08/2019
Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to be sent by e-mail to Recruit-HQ-DG@brussels.msf.org Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.