MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES is an international, independent medical humanitarian organization today working in 60 countries. MSF offers assistance to populations affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare, based on need, irrespective of religion, gender or political affiliation.
The Supply Unit of the OCB (Operational Center Brussels) covers the entire supply chain management at international and local levels of the operations of MSF Belgium.
As part of the OCB Supply Unit, MSF Supply is the procurement center of Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium. His 110 members of staff offers integrated logistics services to MSF missions on the field. MSF Supply also serves other humanitarian organizations. In 2017, MSF Supply served 62.500 order lines and sent more than 24,000 m3 to victims of disasters and conflicts in more than 50 countries.
Within MSF Supply, products and equipment purchase destined for operations on the field are under the responsibility of the Procurement Department. Since August 2012, in the context of OCB supply chain integration, the Purchase Department mandate has been extended to purchase at field level and headquarters level. This provides the Purchase team of MSF Supply with new perspectives, with a global vision on purchases that can be pooled with the field in order to optimize strategies.
Contexte et fonction
In this context, the Purchase Department of MSF Supply collaborates with “MSF Logistique (France)” and APU (Amsterdam Procurement Unit) (Pays-Bas). Also, with the International Coordination and the Access Campaign in Geneva and In the United States and with the Front Office Supply which represents the Supply function in the field, the medical department and the logistic department of OCB (Back Office).
OCB's Procurement Department also supports the Kenyan Supply Unit in the technical validation of sourcing and Procurement of the local purchases.
The Procurement Department is made up of 8 buyers in charge of the management of relations with suppliers (choice, negotiation, monitoring of the quality of the services, evaluation,) of which 6 people who develop the strategy of purchase by category of products and 2 others involved in the operational flow of the Procurement Unit.
The Procurement Department has implemented a Procurement policy applicable to OCB and MSF Supply and a procedure that governs all international purchases
MSF Supply is accredited by ECHO as a Humanitarian Supply Agency.
Helped by a team of buyer and under the responsibility of the Procurement Department, the mission of the Purchase Coordinator is to ensure products required by MSF clients or external clients are purchased according to specifications and MSF standards at the best possible price ensuring the high level of quality of service expected.
1. Support the Procurement Department in strategy definition and organization evolution of the department
2. Define and translate in realistic and measurable objectives on the different products portfolio the Procurement strategy for international purchase.
3. By researching the distribution of purchases with the other European Supply Centers or with the other operational centers where relevant and anticipating opportunities to link procurement at the international and local level.
4. Supervise, coach and inspire the team in order to achieve objectives assigned to the Department.
This includes :
• Set objectives and priorities with the team in line with the department's strategy
• Solve problems and facilitated finding solution in the transversal relationships with the other department of MSF Supply, OCB and other unit and operational sections of MSF or with external partners.
• Have the team work in pairs with the technicians (QA from MSF Supply, technical referents from OCB or other Operational center) or in trinomial with the technicians and the suppliers in transversal way.
• Contribute to skills development, especially in Procurement techniques, project management and their autonomy
5. Establish and/or to improve the department's tools, methodology, processes, policies and performance monitoring help the team working on an organized and efficient way
6. Lead some strategic negotiations, validated negotiations results obtained and agreements proposed by the buyers.
7. Contribute to the resolution of operational issues within the different platforms and to the strategic solutions developed within the MSF Supply management team
1) Skills & Experiences :
• Master degree or equivalent. A specialization in Procurement area is a plus.
• At least 8 years of professional experience including at least 4 years in a Procurement Department and at least 2 years managing a team.
• Good knowledge of the Supply Chain workflow
• Good knowledge of IT tools commonly used in a Procurement function (MS Office, ERP)
Abilities to analyze processes and propose and implement improvements
• Commercial analytical abilities
• Experience in project management
• Technical knowledge of drugs and medical materials is a plus
• Abilities to manage and motivate a team, openness towards others, listening, diplomacy
• Experience in coordination and decision-making in a Management Team is desirable
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and a matrix organization
2) Languages :
• French and English are mandatory, Dutch is a plus.
Conditions et contrat
• A full-time permanent contract
• Start date : as soon as possible
• Salary according to experience level
• Location : MSF Supply à Neder-over-Heembeek (North Brussels)