MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES is an independent, international, humanitarian, medical organisation with a presence in 60 countries to date. MSF provides medical assistance to populations who are victims of armed conflict but also epidemics and pandemics or natural catastrophes, who are lacking care, based on their needs, without discrimination according to religion, philosophy or politics.
MSF Supply, the purchasing centre for Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium is one of the pillars of the OCB (Operational Center Brussels, the operations of MSF Belgium) Supply Unit, and comprises the management of the international and local supply chain. MSF Supply also supports other humanitarian organisations.
In 2016, almost 70,000 command lines were processed and 28,000 m³ of materials were dispatched to populations who were the victims of conflict and catastrophes in more than 50 countries.
Contexte et fonction
At the heart of MSF Supply, the procurement of products and materials for each mission falls within the remit of the Purchasing Department, which includes a Purchasing department, a Product department and a Supply department. The Purchasing department comprises a team of 5 Buyers who are responsible for managing the relationships with suppliers (choice, negotiation, monitoring the quality of the service, evaluation) and 2 Purchase Officers who support the buyers in charge of the operational management of current purchases
Under the responsibility of the Strategic Buyer-Medicines and Vaccines, the Tactical Buyer - Medical Devices and Medicines will support two Medical Strategic buyers in the management of current purchases and the management of supplier relations, with the aim of optimising the commercial conditions and respond to the requirements set forth by the internal (missions) and external clients.
Their primary focus is to ensure the reliability of the service as well as financial optimisation. Technical validation of the sources is overseen by technicians (Quality Agents) according to MSF standards.
1. Oversee the management of current purchases by:
a. Requesting quotations to respond to product orders that are not subject to an agreement negotiated by the buyer ("pure allocations"), always seeking to stabilise the prices for at least one year.
b. Analysing the alternative sources (already active in the database) when the preferential supplier cannot meet a supply requirement.
2. Provide the necessary support to the buyers during price consultations, update the database and set benchmarks:
a. Preparing data files and supporting documents for suppliers.
b. Monitoring supplier responses, answering their questions and following-up with them.
c. Consolidating the data and keeping it up-to-date.
3. Contribute to supplier relationship management in order to ensure the expected service level:
a. Processing non-compliances upon receipt as well as solving invoicing disputes.
b. Ensuring regular qualitative feedback on the problems identified to the purchaser, to support the analysis of the suppliers' performance.
4. Keep the supplier and item data up-to-date in order to ensure a high level of data quality
a. Creating and updating supplier accounts.
b. Updating the commercial data related to specific items (price, preference, etc.) in our ERP
c. Controlling and correcting incoherence in the database (with the approval of the buyer).
5. Conduct ad-hoc analysis to support the buyers
• Bachelor of Business, Purchasing or Logistics
• 2 years professional experience required in purchasing and supply.
• Number of years professional experience equivalent to the training and 2 years professional experience
• Bilingual French/English. Dutch would be considered a bonus.
• Highly skilled in database management, research and analysis of market data and Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook) and ideally experience with ERP
• Rigorous, organised, analytical focus, interpersonal skills
• Ability to work to urgent time-scales, assertive, client oriented, with team spirit
• Associative or humanitarian experience would be appreciated.
Conditions et contrat
• Full time, long-term contract
• Start date: 01 August2018
• Salary according to experience
• Place of work: MSF Supply at Neder-over-Heembeek (North of Brussels)